Sunday, 29 May 2011

Project Zomboid - Not A Review

Since Friday i have had the privilege of playing Project Zomboid, and if am honest i cant stop playing. Project Zomboid is currently in pre-alpha and is being developed by Indie Stone probably the most unlucky developer I have came across. I really want to review this game but its unfair if I do so in its current state not because its bad simply because the developers state it that "It does not reflect the quality of, depth or feature set of the finished project." I hope it does.

With out giving to much away the story of the game is there is a zombie out break and you will die many many times, in many many different ways. I have died a total of 10 times at least 4 of them out of my own stupidity. Damn Oven.

What the Oven Did Initially (killed me)
Then all the zombies and began destroying the house!!!

 
The basic game play of PZ is this you craft/cook equipment/food from item that you salvage you find your self a safe house and hold up or you run round and take as many zombies out with you as you can it entirely your choice how you play this game. I was initially going to say how you die but i didn't choose to burn to death. Its not just the zombies you have to worry about in this game it fellow survivors who have come to raid your hide out and generally be mean, and the occasional fire. This is just in the pre-alpha, as feature are added ill expand this description but even now there is a lot you can do on this game regardless of what the developers claim (its not meant to be hours of game play).

Eat my Hammer Zombie

 Now i try to mention the developers of games in my review so ill do it in my non-reviews as well. I have to say Indie Stone team are dedicated, and i mean dedicated, I think most developers would have just cried and given up if they had the same run of crap luck guys have had here a quick run down. PayPal troubles, then Google Check Out troubles then Webhosting issues and most severely A Bomb SCARE!!!! Talk about dedication. They are also my current favorite devs not just because they listen to their community but they're open about everything that has gone wrong.

I would say go and buy the pre-order  for the game now but due to Indie Stones bad luck and Issues with pay pal and Google you cant. However you can get a project zomboid pre-order for as a bonus if you buy one of Indie stones other games now i haven't got a copy of any of them but i hear good thing about Droids and there seems to be a small modding community, it does look awesome mind. I was unlucky to pre-order before they released Droids or their other games , ah well back to Project Zomboid.



2 comments:

  1. Good work, I am loving the game so far myself.
    Well worth the money spent on it, is only gonna get better to from the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete